Getting Letters of Administration in California

Someone has passed away, and the bank has told you that you need to get Letters of Administration. What does this mean? When a person passes away, there are many different ways to settle their estate. Banks often tell people they need to get Letters of Administration when, in fact, they are other options available to the heirs under California law to distribute small estates. This article covers the various aspects of getting Letters of Administration in California and when you really need them.

The post Getting Letters of Administration in California appeared first on A People’s Choice.

By |2018-05-06T14:31:48-07:00April 18th, 2018|

About the Author:

Sandra M. McCarthy, founder of / A People’s Choice Inc., has worked exclusively in the legal field since 1976. She served as the 2004-2005 President of CALDA (California Association of Legal Document Assistants). She obtained a Paralegal Certificate from the University of California, Santa Barbara. During her career in the legal field, she has worked as a freelance paralegal, law office manager and paralegal studies teacher, and has co-authored numerous legal publications and written hundreds of self-help legal articles. As a registered Legal Document Assistant, Sandy is dedicated to providing affordable, low-cost, self-help document preparation services for California consumers in all 58 counties.